When divine beauty meets deep pain, the result is profound healing. Like Yin and Yang, these apparent opposites are meant for each other. Beauty is powerful medicine, and music is a perfect medium for beauty. Our tears want to fall to the beat of a drum. Our heart wants to ache to a breathtaking song. Our prayers long to be carried on the wings of our voices, to the infinite space where they are all heard and answered.
True Beauty is my musical prayer for Grace, the courage to follow our hearts beyond reason into the mystery, and to find authentic joy and aliveness in the process. Each song is designed to embed itself into your subconscious, effortlessly reprogramming your thoughts and impulses with a more empowering message, and tuning them to a resonant frequency.
The songs are not designed for entertainment - some of them are quite long and they repeat themselves. This is intentional! I recommend listening to the album from start to finish in a ritual setting, perhaps with a candle or with your eyes closed, or on a long drive, on headphones during a flight... any situation where you can drop in deeply with yourself.
This album has been 5 years in the making and I'm absolutely thrilled to share it with you now.
released July 20, 2016
All songs written and performed by Tara Divina
I See Your Wings co-written with Jonathan Will ● Traditional lyrics on Cuatro Colores
Produced by John Alevizakis
Mastered by Colin Davis at Imperial Mastering
Recorded and mixed by John Alevizakis at Little Buddha Studio - littlebuddhastudio.com
Vocals on Surrender and guitar on Divine Alignment were recorded by Chris James at The Wizard Ranch
Backing vocals on Surrender by Adey Bell ● Lead guitar on Divine Alignment by Sarit Neundorf ● Charango on Gateless Gate by Robert Ryan III ● Violin on I See Your Wings and Precious Being by Mark Lee ● Ney flute on Ember by Eliyahu Sills
Artwork by Ka Kathryn June Amorastreya - serpentfeathers.com
~ THANK YOU ~
● To everyone who generously supported the funding of this album. A special mention goes out to three particularly amazing women, Marcia Wieder, Joanne McPike and Corrine Engelgau for their humbling generosity.
● To JonJon, the genius producer who waved his magic wand of creativity over this album in a way that has magnified the brilliance and beauty in each note. You are a true answer to my prayers.
● To the unbelievably talented Ka Kathryn June Amorastreya for gracing the cover with her exquisite, cosmic rays of artistry.
● To the magically inspiring Ali Maya, who inspired me to write music and sing again by infusing me with her musical medicine over many years.
● To George Bertelstein for teaching me how to pray.
● To Sergio Lialin for repeatedly lending me his beautiful guitar and his wisdom.
● To Max Marmer, Annie May Willis, Lauren Arrow and Robert Ryan III for your loving support and encouragement along the way.
© & ⓟ 2016 Tara Divina - All Rights Reserved